Galaxy 8 bell triggers on set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a prolonged loss of power and some replaced PIRs my Galaxy 8 alarm had lost it's memory. I have reprogrammed it, and the walk test and tamper test all work great.

But... when I set the alarm as soon as the 'system set' message appears, the outside box bell rings.

There are no errors or messages in the log, what could the fault be?

Thanks in advance
Tony

Sponsored Links
One thing I would suggest is the reason for the loss of memory.

On the right hand side of the PCB below the Heatsink is a Wire Link, if this is CLOSED, memory will be retained, if OPEN, memory will be lost following a prolonged power cut if the standby battery has also 'died'.

Keep this link closed.

( Get a new 7Ah battery also )

Thanks Europlex, the loss of memory was possibly due to the time the power was disconnected during some building work.

I will source a new battery.

Do you have any idea why the bell rings when the system is set. This is my only real problem now.

Thanks
Tony

Thanks Europlex, the loss of memory was possibly due to the time the power was disconnected during some building work.

I will source a new battery.

Do you have any idea why the bell rings when the system is set. This is my only real problem now.

Thanks
Tony
Sorry to disagree a little, the memory was lost instantly the moment the panel lost Mains & Battery power because the link was open, if closed on loosing power the panel would hold its memory for years.

As to your other problem it's a case of having a very good & slow look at the Log, there will be information there to help.

ps
Is this a system you have installed yourself or one professionally installed?

If it's a DiY have you the Engineering & User Manuals, if you don't you're going to have big problems understanding the Log.

If it's a Pro. system, you should not be 'playing' with it.

Sponsored Links
All sorted - another person on a different forum spotted the problem. The bells were configured as 'set' because the bell unit was not wired into the default terminal as per standards.

I have the manuals and whilst it was a pro install, it's my alarm and my house so I can play with it if I like ... the nanny state has not prevented people configuring their own alarm panels yet.

Everything is all configured now and set-up just how I want. New zones added and things I did not even know it could do are set-up and working.

Thanks for your help.

Tony

Glad you are sorted.

If you are under contract with the installing company, you've just broken it, if not, who cares.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back