Galaxy ALARM IS ACTIVE message

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ADT alarm which is not monitored. There was a recent telecoms failure and a message with an error number came up telling me to contact the alarm receiving centre for a reset code. I can't do this. I tried putting in 4321 and now I have a display reading ALARM IS ACTIVE and a constant beeping noise which is driving me mad. Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
System requires anti-code.

Whats 4321?? , think you've caused a code tamper, system will then lock-out for 10 minutes.

I found on another post that by entering 4321 the system might clear the error. Just tried putting in my own user code and the beeping has now stopped and the original display is back saying "Call alarm co. quote code 72146". I can live with this! At least it isn't making a noise any more, but it would be nice to be able to reset it so that it's working properly again.

do you have a maintenance and support contract with an alarm company?

Sponsored Links
No, I used to have a contract with ADT but it was costing £25 per month so I cancelled it.

I found on another post that by entering 4321 the system might clear the error. Just tried putting in my own user code and the beeping has now stopped and the original display is back saying "Call alarm co. quote code 72146". I can live with this! At least it isn't making a noise any more, but it would be nice to be able to reset it so that it's working properly again.

Nope, that wont work

Also a comms fail wont require a remote reset so something else must be going on.

What does the system log say

Ok what type of galaxy is it??

Enter your code, and use the A key to scroll through till you see LOG press ENT, then use the B key to scroll to the latest events.

I have a Galaxy 8+

When I enter my code and press the A key the options given are:
System timeout
System line fail
System code

"I have an ADT alarm which is not monitored." - but it was, wasn't it!

That's why you have a problem following the telephone fault, the connection to the line was never removed & the system re-programmed as audible only

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to MrYoung for his expert advice. Your advice and help was fantastic!

Hey, having just moved into to a house with a galaxy 8 plus alarm,

i seem to have the same problem

If anybody could guide me through how to fix it, it would be most appreciated

:D

I have the same problem as the person you have helped re the resettIng of a Galaxy system 8 alarm. Could you possily help me out ?

Many thanks
Ian

Which Galaxy do you have ? From the label on the metal control panel enclosure - not the keypad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back