Galaxy Dimension 96 alarm bells ringing at 09:30 daily

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I'm in the process of setting up a Galaxy Dimension 96, last two days the alarm activates, putting the user code in silences it, but when i check event log, there are no errors to indicate why it has triggered.

The alarm is not armed (As far as i am aware!).

Partitions/Zoning is not yet setup, but all sensors are installed.

I'm trying to get openGalaxy setup so i can use a pc/computer interface to set it up but not had much joy yet.

Any tips in the meantime? I have left it in engineering mode in the meantime - hopefully this stops any more alarms triggering while im at work!

UPDATE: using Selfmon VKP (thanks @GalaxyGuy ) i logged in, initially under Option 22 - logs there were no entires, about 10 min later it shows Panic Alarm activated...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well not familiar with the panel.

Whats programmed up as PA?
whats programmed on a timer? alarm or anything in the property like heating?

PA is the panic alarm near the front door...

nothing on timer for that sort of time, but could be someone leaning on it .. .just put it in on Sunday so will look to re site it and see if it continues, and put it in soak test.

So i had a little check - i had mounted the PA button flat on a shelf, rather then upright on a wall... I suspect this is messing about with the tamper loop or the relay within, as a small tap on the cover activated the alarm. I've set that zone to not be used for now till i remount and test again...

Thanks for your assistance!

Sponsored Links
UPDATE: using Selfmon VKP (thanks @GalaxyGuy )

Glad you worked it out but referencing a fellow user that hasn't left a visible post wont help anyone else that stumbles across this post.

/justSaying

Edit--------------- Ignore this post. It was a misunderstanding on my behalf. Sorry

Last edited:
Glad you worked it out but referencing a fellow user that hasn't left a visible post wont help anyone else that stumbles across this post.

/justSaying

Think most people on here know how good galaxyguy is at galaxy alarm related issues ! And forum searches will bring up his name
Just saying !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back