Honeywell galaxy 'high res'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I recently posted about a guardall dual tech that has been false alarming. I have not got round to replacing it yet, I have the zone programmed as 'set log' on the galaxy at the moment so I can see when it activates without it setting the alarm off. Upon viewing the zone under option 22, it seems to have changed to 'high res' instead of open/closed. Could the high resistance be to do with all the false activations it's caused?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes! Whilst displaying the zone, press the # key and it will show you the resistance. 1200 ohms will be too many. It could be poor connections or the relay contact in the dualtech.

It was showing 1300 ohms so I replaced the detector with a different one to see if the relay was faulty on the dual tech, however the replacement detector is also showing high res! So I'm thinking it's possibly the resistors or the cable...

Agreed.

If you've got a multimeter, check it out. It could be the tamper resistor, the cable or a manky connection. It could be the panel/rio zone input so it might be worth connecig it to another zone (if you have a spare) and checking it again.

Sponsored Links
If you haven't got a meter , connect one resistor at a time to the alarm loop and check at panel ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back