Galaxy Dimension AC failure warning

Sor

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Whenever there is an AC failure, keypads buzzers keep beeping until there is a manager code reset. Is there a way to turn that beeping off?

I have AC failure communicated trough the speech dialler, triggered by an AC Fail Output. Is there a way of customizing an output so that is triggers when AC is restored?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You cannot suppress the AC fail other than adding a UPS, which will mask the power issue. You can reduce the reset level of the AC fail to allow regular users to reset it. In domestic installs, I normally reprogram the internal speaker to a strobe output, as the horn output is too loud for exit and alert tones. The keypad volumes can then be adjusted to the required volume.

Getting a dialler message on the restore is pretty much down to the dialler and if it has the option of triggering on any transition of the trigger signal.

If you were using SelfMon (IP based) you would receive alerts for any power event (or filter to the specific events you want), so would receive a detailed alert for the fail and restore (email, voice, SMS, push,URL call). The free push notification service from Honeywell would also give this as a push only notification.

Thanks GalaxyGuy.
I already had reprogrammed internal speaker and adjusted keypads volume. Will change regular users permissions now.

Dialler is Pyronix V2 and restore messages go out as SMS and I'd prefer voice, but can live with that.

I tried to use 2 AC Fail outputs to 2 inputs of the dialler. Both outputs are positive at the Galaxy side. On the Dialler side, one intput is programmed as Normally High on rest state -> 10-14V (so it will communicate an AC Fail in alarm) and the other is programmed as Normally Low -> 0-3V on rest state (so it is in rest state during an AC Fail, but is in alarm state and communicates the AC Fail Restore message when AC power is restored; this mean this imput is in alarm most of the time). It works, but I think the dialler gets confused whenever both AC Fail outputs are triggered at the same time and sends no message. I might try later to do this with groups on the Galaxy, each AC Fail output from a different group with different Power Delays (parameter 51-20), so the dialler will not receive the two inputs at the same time.

Later I'll try the push notifications, but haven´t the ethernet module working yet.

Sponsored Links
Ok, I managed to suppress the AC Fail beep trough Parameters Alert Inds, but I understand why you didn't advise that, since it suppresses all Audio alerts, not only AC Fail. Not the best ideia, really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back