GSM Dialler Problem - Strange?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all from Greece , many thanks for reading
question 1:
I have recently come up to a problem with the Sikura GSM Comby4 dialler -from somewhere Italy - (which appears to be the same with the http://www.mzelectronic.com/MANUALI/MZ-SAT_UK_MAN.pdf
dialler without the GPS module). The Dialler is connect in the parallel with the Bell output of the Veritas R8 panel from a professional technician
in my city. The problem is that the dialler is dialling whenever it feels like doing it so. I have made many experiments with the panic button (3& 9) and always the veritas removes the voltage and triggers the dialler. The dialler sometimes registers with the network and makes the call but if you try it after 2minutes so it may fail to register with GSM network and quit ( effectivelly you do not know when it will call). I have used the full antenna length and I have tried to keep the unit colder. I have noticed (although I can not put my hands on fire for that) that whenever you reset the unit the first time always calls (it may be pure luck though) .
There is no signal indicator led in the product ( :!: :!: ) .

question 2: Can I open the veritas r8 panel buy just entering the engineering code and removing the 2 white plastic screws or do I have to do more in order to avoid an alarm triggered from the box tamber.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back