Talk to me about GSM Diallers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'd like to fit a GSM dialler to my Scantronic 9853 alarm to notify me (ideally by a call and a text) if the alarm goes off whilst I'm away from the house. Don't know much about them but have seen a few on the auction site around the £60-70 mark eg

http://tinyurl.com/pxlnvmc

Are diallers all pretty much the same or is there some specific option/make etc that I should be looking at.

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
All diallers are not the same.

the main categories are;-

1. specific for the panel
2. general for any panel

The specific ones usually connect to the pcb and are manufactured by the same company as the panel and you can check compatibility and its functionality

The general ones are triggered, by the bell trigger or outputs on the panel that either have a fixed operation or are programmable.

Someone may be able to advise more specifically for the model of Scantronic you have as I am not familiar with it.

The link to the item appears to be a general use device.

Menvier SD3 or the Pyronix GSM speech diallers will work. Bl00dy expensive, though and you need to make sure that your SIM is kept topped up (make sure that you can do it on-line). Personally, I'd use an ordinary wired speech dialler like the Menvier SD1+ or SD2 and not bother with the text messages.

You'll want the standalone type and trigger it from the bell output or program up OP3. I've never tried the cheap asian units but have plenty of Menviers connected to 9853s.

I have no idea how you program the one you found on eBay... (no keypad or display! :eek: )

Thanks for the responses, unfortunately using a wired dialler isn't an option as the cable routing would be a nightmare.

You program the linked one by sending the unit text messages (looks pretty simple in the video)

I'll probably give it a go and will feedback here

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have a few customers using the one in the link as a backup path to IP based monitoring. They use one input for burglary and the other for telecoms line cut detection outputs from the panel. The overall feedback is good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back