Galaxy Flex 20 - flood alert programming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

looking for anyone versed in honeywell programming!

I've installed my system a year or so ago and all works well but I now need to add a flood sensor (the awful weathers caused some issues in the basement).

I've now got the RF portal kit and have picked up a DET8M Wireless Temperature/Flood sensor which will do the sensing, and I've got no issues getting these on the system.

However I'm a bit flummoxed with what type of zone I should program this as? Id like to set it up so that its on 24/7 irrespective of alarm set condition, and if it gets set off it'll signal a spare channel on the trigger module (ive an SMS gateway on this).

Any ideas?

thanks

btk

Sponsored Links
Make it a stand alone system. Why wake the neighbours when you basement floods ?

Use one of these
DE33-90A-250x250.jpg

http://www.deeter.co.uk/products/fl...-horizontal-liquid-level-sensors-float-switch

( other suppliers are available )

with a battery and loud bell or siren. Mains power often goes off when the area is flooded and the alarm may not function then if the battery in the alarm has run out when the basement floods.

Thanks, i appreciate the thought however perhaps I didnt make the request clear, I dont want the alarm to sound, I just want it to raise an alert to the panel so that my SMS gateway can send it on.

Ideally I dont want any screaming alarms, just a simple text to me and the wife!

I've already got the system doing this for other alarm conditions (fire, security) so im confident theres another way, but dont fancy facing the galaxy manual with no rough guide

thx

Sponsored Links
Hi Socdesign,

I went to do this at the weekend and found a rather large hole in my plan..
I've got a Flex20 and a RIO already installed, so when I added the radio card I couldn't add any more zones...

I'm guessing I have two options:
* - Remove the RIO and add the two zones and sounder off that to be wireless
* - upgrade the panel board to be a Flex50

Do you know of any other options, and if the Flex50 PCB will fit in the Flex20 box?

thanks

So, your panel currently shows 20 hardwired zones. After adding the portal, you should be able to set any of the 20 hardwired as RF, thus overriding the hardwired inputs for that zone.

Fantastic, the guy on the galaxy helpnumber didnt know this!

So basically I've got 20 zones that I can use anwhere, RIO, panel or RF - I just need to allocate as such?

thx

That's normally how it works. I can test this on a Flex 1 later on for you just to ensure that the functionality hasn't changed.

There was another poster on this forum who had issues with the default address settings that the portal used and this then required an address change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back