Galaxy Flex Firmware check and update

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

I'm looking to see if there is any reason to update my alarms firmware. I find it's operation 'clunky' and hoping that there are updates available that may improve things.

The system is a flex050+ with a normal keypad (mk 7?) and a touch center (cp-046) keypad.

If someone could tell me how I check panel and touch center FM versions and where to find updates if available I'd be very grateful!

TIA

Sponsored Links
Enter menu 23. This will display the version of the panel firmware.

The CP046 touchscreen is a bit gimmicky. You'd be better with the mqtt keypad in home assistant, but understand that's a bit more of an undertaking to install and set up.

Enter menu 23. This will display the version of the panel firmware.

The CP046 touchscreen is a bit gimmicky. You'd be better with the mqtt keypad in home assistant, but understand that's a bit more of an undertaking to install and set up.

Thanks GalaxyGuy! Looks like I have V3.35 on the panel. Is this up to date / worth updating?

I hear you about the CP046.... no where near as good as it should be... but we do use it to set and unset the system and has a nice photo roll round ‍♂️

You've very much peaked my interest mentioning home assistant however! I have a HA instance running already controlling many things and was wanting to look into seeing if it could control the alarm... is it possible?

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes, I developed the selfmon virtualisation module (vmod). It virtualises various panel devices and provides an mqtt client that will publish into your home assistant broker. You can get more info in the selfmon Facebook group.

Nice one... I'll take a look! is there a worthwhile panel FM update for me to do?

Yes, the latest firmware is V3.52, so it's worth updating to that. Note that the upgrade wipes the settings. I'll PM you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back