Galaxy Flex Internal Sounder

Okay, the default programming for op3 is for a speaker and you have a sounder connected, so that will not work and is why you don't see 12v on that connection - the speaker output is not driven with a DC voltage.

The op1 trigger voltage is being held high, so I would suspect faulty wiring or siren. The transistor is trying to pull the op1 output low, but the wiring or faulty siren is holding it high and the transistor cannot drive enough current to pull it low (it would blow a fuse if it could). Remove the op1,op2 and op3 connections for now. Take the positive (red) of the internal siren and connect to +12v. Take the 0v (black) of the internal siren and connect to op1. Now test the bell. If it works, then the panel is fine.

You said that you tested the siren by closing the lid tamper switch, applying 12v and 0v, then connecting 0v to the trigger and it did not sound. If that's the case, then the siren is faulty. Double check this on the bench and if faulty, get it changed out. The AG6 are really poor volume wise anyway. The latest texecom sirens are much better.

Sponsored Links
I connected internal siren as instructed. All I got was a shhhhhhh sound. Voltage read as 1.5v when testing. Could it be a faulty panel somehow? I’m hoping it’s not as it’s going to be a hassle taking it out. Is it worth while getting a professional in to fix it?

If the transistor cannot pull down, then it does sound like the panel is faulty. Does it do the same if you put the siren black lead in op2 and test the strobe? If op2 is working, you could just use that, but I would return the faulty part if you can confirm it. Where did you buy from ? Some low cost web sales are a nightmare with returns.

If the transistor cannot pull down, then it does sound like the panel is faulty. Does it do the same if you put the siren black lead in op2 and test the strobe? If op2 is working, you could just use that, but I would return the faulty part if you can confirm it. Where did you buy from ? Some low cost web sales are a nightmare with returns.

Purchased from ADI so hoping their returns will be decent if i have to return.

I just tried op2 and it does sound. What would you recommend I do next?

Sponsored Links
Return the panel as "fault with OP1". It's unlikely that the siren unit caused the board fault, but you say that placing the siren trigger to 0v did not result in the siren sounding, so I would be suspicious of the siren unit and you should test it on the bench. The board fault is not a common one with the Flex.

Return the panel as "fault with OP1". It's unlikely that the siren unit caused the board fault, but you say that placing the siren trigger to 0v did not result in the siren sounding, so I would be suspicious of the siren unit and you should test it on the bench. The board fault is not a common one with the Flex.

I tried the strobe and bell on op2. Only the strobe flashes. The bell doesn't work. For now I've connected the indoor siren and outdoor strobe to op2. Alteast I will have some sort of notification when an alarm goes off. I suspect you are correct that the siren is also faulty. I will fully test it before returning that too.

I would return the panel but have to take it all out which is a hassle as I've also wired all the sensors in. Would they repair it or just replace it? Is it even possible to repair such a fault?

I have a sensor in the hallway where the panel is. When i try to set it, it warns me that it is open. What should i be setting this sensor as so that it gives me enough time to walk out the building? I set exit time to 30 secs.

Ultimately I really wanted an alarm that can be remotely monitored and controlled. I thought this was the best for that purpose but didn't realise it would take this long to set up (I'm in IT by job so this is a DIY install). I actually wanted the Ring Alarm but god knows when that will launch. I've been waiting for it since last year.

Yes, I suspected that the siren was also faulty. The panel will most likely need to be returned in whole to ADI - I agree that this is a real pain.

I can repair these boards, but that would invalidate any warranty. It would have been better if you'd bought from me, as I would have sent a replacement PCB. I also run SelfMon for self monitoring of these panels over IP, but you can use Honeywell's free push notification service - but that's pretty limited when compared with SelfMon.

If your sensor is in the walkway to/from the keypad, program as an 'EXIT' zone type. If it is also the first sensor that you may trigger in the morning when on night set, then program it as 'PART ENTRY'. This way, it will act as an exit zone in full set and a part entry when in night set, allowing switch off in the morning.

In fact, PM me and I'll work with you to sort this out. I can send you a working board etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back