Galaxy Flex Loud Speaker Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of help if poss folks... Galaxy Flex 50+ panel...

I've wired a 2 loud speaker to the output 3 in a ROI but it does not beep with the other... Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Also, can the volume of the loud speakers be adjusted in any way?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's a RIO, not a ROI - Remote Input Output. You can't connect a standard 16 ohm loud speaker to the outputs on them. You'll have to either change them for voltage driven sounders or wire them back to output 3 on the main panel only.

Loudspeaker volume is adjusted in menu 51, option 82. Again, this only affects 16 ohm speakers connected to output 3 on the panel only.

I take it that is true of all the the RIO outputs then... if that's the case what are they for? Or is it simply intended for them to be used with powered devices?

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's correct. All RIO outputs are voltage driven, either positive or negative switching. The most common application would be to connect an internal sounder (the voltage driven type) to the Bells output for audible notification of an alarm activation. Some other applications I have used them for include switching relays to turn on mains powered equipment/floodlights, interfacing to CCTV and access control equipment and also triggering zones on the Galaxy panel itself (with the pull up links removed)

Just tried that... Menu 51.81 accesses 'output option', 82 access OP3 and gives a speaker volume option but changing the number seems to do nothing in my case?

The circuit is balanced to a 16 Ohm speaker. If you are driving 2x 8 Ohm speakers, wire them in series to give 16 Ohms and the volume control will work. If you are only driving 1 speaker, then you will need to add a series resistor to make the volume control work.

Any more ideas on this folks? Still not able to alter the volume. Current config... 1 16ohm speaker no resistor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back