Galaxy G2 - Power Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I installed a g2-20 earlier this year but due to unforeseen issues I have had to move to control panel, labelled all the connections and replaced a run of cable, wired it all back in exactly as it came out but the problem I have now is when I apply power the auxiliary power fuse blows and the AB bus fails, as well as the devices and it does it every time I change the fuse and power back up. I've checked all the connections and terminated all points of the cable and been back over the wiring. The run of cable I had to replace had to connect to a run of RJ45 cable under the floor boards, I know its unconventional but it was the only available wire there and it was working fine before the move, I know it sounds ridiculous but I have to ask, could there be an issue with the connection between 6 core alarm cable and the RJ45??

If anyone has any ideas as to what it might be I would be so grateful for any help you could offer

Thanks,
Josh

Sponsored Links
RJ45? out of a 305m box no jacks just cable I laid in the beginning of the year, and it was working fine until I moved the panel and that's the AB for a keypad and rio downstairs

You really need a meter to determine where the low resistance is. You'll go through a few more fuses otherwise.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I ran a new length of cable for the AB, seems to have fixed the issue, but thank you for your help,

Josh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back