Galaxy G2 question re Master and Engineer codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have an old Galaxy G2 setup that is serviceable. It is the usual story, installed by ADT by last house owner and when I moved in I didnt want to pay the decomissioning fee - I therefore managed to reset the engineer code and disconnect telephone etc so it is stand alone. I did this 10 years ago and we didnt really use the alarm much, but there has been an uptick on break ins in my area. It works ok but I wanted to enhance it a bit as I found some old key tags and wanted to setup some more users. Problem I am finding is I cant seem to get a full listing of users in section 42, only the user I am logging in as (I have one user 01 and one engineer login 24 ). The manual is a bit unclear to me. It seems to say you have restricted access under engineer (L3)/user (L2) just to changer a pin, but not under Master.

So, my question is, 'Is there a seperate Master login, different to an Engineer login and if so, is there a way to reset that code'. I reset the engineer code using the jumper method and that was fine. For the Master (if it is different) I tried all the default codes on forums but no go.

Hope someone can help me.

Sponsored Links
I made progress on this, so no need for any responses. I managed to reset the Master PIN so I am 'in' as they say. fyi I had setup a user with all the correct rights when I reset the system 10 years ago (just forgot!)

Glad you're sorted. If you have a recent firmware (1.53 to 1.56) have a look at the SelfMon vmod. It brings the system up to date with Ethernet for remote control and alarm reporting.

Disclosure: I run SelfMon. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back