Galaxy G3 and DT7550A Dualtecs

kjw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I have got hold of a Galaxy G3 panel, along with some DT7550A dualtecs and have quickly realised that this panel is usually installed by the pros for a reason :) Id appreciate if someone in the know could show me how to wire these up using EOL using the diagaram ive shamelessly stolen out of the install manuals! I do have all the resistors etc just not sure on where they go!

Many thanks for any help given.
K

alarm.jpg

Sponsored Links
give the panel back or put it on ebay.
it is not the easiest panel to programme

Sorry, but if you can't understand the drawings from the manual how on earth do you think you are going to get on with the programming?

Any version of the Galaxy is a professional control panel, not DIY. There are so many variations and nuances in the programming even professional installers have problems (sometimes!).

I honestly don't think this is a panel for the novice DIYer, this install is going to give you nothing but headaches.

Well thanks for all the help lads, as it happens I have got it working myself. I was only looking for some reassurance but I obviously came to the wrong place.

Sponsored Links
Just to add incase anyone has the same bother in the future, this is how it works:

For the PIR`s I have one wire going from one of the panel zones into the tamper terminal on the pir, then a 1k resistor across to one of the the alarm terminals, then another 1k resistor across both the alarm terminals, and then finally a wire back to COM in the panel. I believe in theory this means that in normal mode with no tamper the circuit always registers 1k, in alarm it will measure 2k, and in tamper it will read 0. This was the default setting on my panel (Preset1 - 1k)

As for the PIR -ve power connector i have that connected to COM.

yep and now you`ve got to proggrame the bugger - dont forget to flash V5.1 before you start

Panel is allready running 5.21! and tbh the programming I understand as that is more my thing :)

Hi Kjw,

I fit these for a living, If you need any help I will be glad to help.

However I will not supply engineering manuals or default codes.

Any help with programming no problem.

Regards Bob.:cool:

Sorry, but if you can't understand the drawings from the manual how on earth do you think you are going to get on with the programming?

Any version of the Galaxy is a professional control panel, not DIY. There are so many variations and nuances in the programming even professional installers have problems (sometimes!).

I honestly don't think this is a panel for the novice DIYer, this install is going to give you nothing but headaches.

Anyone who can read can programme a Gala , It's not rocket science, Even with the added complexity of a couple of rios,a dialer and a printer interface I had no problems at all either installing , programming , or operating my system....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back