Galaxy Panel

Sponsored Links
I believe you down power the control panel, put a link in zones 1 and 2 then power up the panel and remove the link, this resets the acces codes (on the galaxy 60) You could try removing the memory link if that doesn't work but that will mean your system needs re programming

Hope this helps

fattony said:
I believe you down power the control panel, put a link in zones 1 and 2 then power up the panel and remove the link, this resets the acces codes (on the galaxy 60) You could try removing the memory link if that doesn't work but that will mean your system needs re programming

Hope this helps

sorry try again

galaxy 16 has no memory link.

afswift, what exactly do you want to do and why?

to reset it you enetr your code, if it is on engineer reset you enter the engineers code etc

I bought the panel on ebay, its an ex ADT system,

When i power it up all i get is 'Alarm in Progress' but the default codes 1234 11223344 and 54321 dont reset it so i need to factory default it to get access.

I bought the system to upgrade a scantronic unit.

Sponsored Links
Alarm panels have engineer functions. usually to reset them you need the engineers code from ADT - which ur unlikely to obtain as knowing this gives u access to totally deactivate a particular alarm system that runs off a particular panel.

once u know the engineers code you should swat up on navigation around the panels functions. this would be shown in the panels user guide!

its tricky business buying a 2nd hand alarm panel, especially if you need things like engineers codes and factory reset codes/default codes etc.

the panel will have a tamper circuit on it as well and if this has been tripped - you'll need the code to get around that too.

alarm panels are like maze's especially if u get into the bigger ones.

hope that helps/gives u some insight into things.

you can take the circuit board out and send it to galaxy and they will factory reset it for you.

sorry bright spark, you don't need the engineer code, you simply default the panel

But any way, are you familiar with a galaxy?

and do you have any resistors for it?

galaxy panels have shunt and end of line resistors, the old galaxy 16 and 16+ will show faults on the circuits with out them

as for defaulting it it depends on which galaxy it is, there is a 16 and 16+ the 16+ is easy

but the best question is, did you get or have you got the engineers manual for it, as with out you are going nowhere :cry: the galaxy is full of unusual things, its nothing like a scantronic :cry:

The default galaxy engineer code is 112233 try 7856 as engineer code. If not here is galaxy technical number 01355354365

They may ask for for a company name just for their records but really helpful. You sould be able to download the manuals for the galaxy

didnt think engineer codes were meant to be general public knowledge . . .

its an old one adt used to use may not work, use at your own risk if it does, if im breaking any rules a mod will edit my post

its not a forum rule, but i thought engineer codes were like a national secret, like the official secrets act lol. Maybe i was wrong.

:oops: ive started something now, interested to know if it works afswift

crafty1289 said:
didnt think engineer codes were meant to be general public knowledge . . .

Theyre not. simply because if a rival alarm company knows ur engineer code they can approach your customers and agree to service your system at a lower cost than ur provider!

about 18 months a so it was well documented in my part of the world that an alarm engineer who was sacked for telling someone their engineers code.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back