Galaxy panels need info.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Over the past couple of decades I've managed to avoid Galaxy panels in preference to Scantronic, Tunstall, Texecom, Regalsafe etc, but I get more and more people asking for repairs on Galaxies.

So what I need in particular is default info as they are usually engineer reset on tamper.

I can't seem to get my email onto my profile so until I do can you send any info that might help to this email address please.

[email protected]

Particularly default info but any manuals too, particularly the quick info type of thing.

Cheers guys.

Sponsored Links
Did you post that stuff? Haven't got it yet. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Europlex - have you sent the default codes, defaulting 'trick', the back door code, manuals, etc.? And the fact that Auntie Daisy's galaxies are not exactly standard?

If so, I'll shut up and go away! ;)

Europlex - have you sent the default codes, defaulting 'trick', the back door code, manuals, etc.? And the fact that Auntie Daisy's galaxies are not exactly standard?

If so, I'll shut up and go away! ;)
I even sent the schematics for the PCBs, all the manufacturers back door codes and even stuff you don't know about and, no, you can't have a copy.

I even sent the schematics for the PCBs, all the manufacturers back door codes and even stuff you don't know about and, no, you can't have a copy.

Sorry what. Galaxy's have back doors built in? How is that ever allowed in the regs?! Is that not a massive accident just waiting to happen?

So a plumber knows all about EVERY boiler old & new....
How does that relate to asking for default info on a forum?

...There are hundreds if not thousands of different types of control equipment. Not every alarm company uses them all...
That may or may not be the case, but a properly qualified alarm installer would get the manuals that he needs supplied from the manufacturer; he wouldn't have to ask for "any kind of information you can send me" on a forum. It's the fact that he can't get them from the original source that gives away he doesn't really run a legit alarm company. I can not even imagine that there would be somebody in the heating or gas section posting something like: "I've been a registered installer for donkey's years, honest guv, but I need some default info..." :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
It just complements the fact that all his answers about alarm issues are very general and can be googled together in an afternoon.
He doesn't know much more about alarms than he knows about boilers, and I can assure you that is very little indeed. :rolleyes:
When you find out how the alarm industry works, I'll happily read your 'informed' comments, until then find out what you can and then try again.

One other thing, the use of the word 'default', not necessarily what you are thinking, the alarm trade has its own meanings for things we talk about.

Oh & by the way, flashing a look at your qualifications cuts no ice.
Show me some related to the alarm industry & I'll, 'possibly' be a little impressed.

...Do you want the details of a professional forum that you can join?
Just prove who you are, simple, then you can have access to all the manuals you like....
Yes, Joe, go to a professional alarm forum and prove you are qualified and certified. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Who are you with again? SSAIB? NACOSS? DSS?
And just what relevance do the NSI or SSAIB have?

joe,

just contact Honeywell Galaxy and they will send a rep out to see you, if you prove that you have an understanding of the control panels they will give you the relevant manuals for you to use.

and a contact number for you to conatct the helpline if you need to.

yes we area registered Galaxy user and have been for ages.

the more aunt daisy you remove the better!!!!

Oasis

joe,

just contact Honeywell Galaxy and they will send a rep out to see you, if you prove that you have an understanding of the control panels they will give you the relevant manuals for you to use.

and a contact number for you to conatct the helpline if you need to.

yes we area registered Galaxy user and have been for ages.

the more aunt daisy you remove the better!!!!

Oasis

I don't really want to use their panels as I don't work that market. I'm quite happy with Texecom gear for general use.

I've got a million manuals now - thanx to the guys - Esp Euro. ;)

Can I just ask you one more question, John (it is John isn't it?)

A few months back you made quite a long post on defaulting Galaxies, but someone said it was either wrong or didn't work. Can you confirm that it was actually right and does work? Cheers.

Why does it seem every post seems to turn into a argument....
Euro is right there is a forum out there tat has PDF manuals for most alarms...
Galaxy to texecom that's a bit of step backwards... If we all respected each other people who need the help would respect us more. Instead we fight like 6 yr olds as mine is better than yours.

Bottom line is give your opinion on the post and if the person needs more info they will ask for it.

Joe says ...
I don't really want to use their panels as I don't work that market. I'm quite happy with Texecom gear for general use.

Galaxy to texecom that's a bit of step backwards
I don't think so.

Would somebody care to explain why Honeywell decided it was a good idea to put back doors in their panels in the first place?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back