honeywell galaxy g2-44

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got a galaxy g2 that i had to replace a bad battery on and the tamper has activated and wont allow me to set the system as i need the enginner code. the missus is after me to get it sorted. i have the installation manual. if anyone can help me reset it back to factory defaults i would be grateful. thanks

Sponsored Links
Oh dear.
System not under maintenance?
Professionally installed or did it yourself?

Prepare to put your hand in your pocket.

was self installed with engineer on default, however wife had a professional service it last year when i was away as a window sensor faulty and he locked it. ive looked around and it can be reset via shorting zone 1 to something. i think it is either zone 2 and then power up or to the reset pin in the trigger header just above zone 1. any help would be appreciated as i dont want to blow the panel. otherwise i will have to buy a new pcb
:evil: thanks for any help guys :D

Ask the person who fixed the faulty sensor last year to put the codes back to how they used to be.

If you didnt pay him to lock the panel, what gave him the righ to lock it?

He may (sensibly) argue its so you dont mess with it, but if you dont have a contract with him, he should not have left you with a panel thats locked, when it wasnt before he touched it.

If he is not responsible for the alarm now, then he has no right in my opinion to charge you, nor should he even consider leaving you in a position whereby you have to pay to get your panel back.

(especially if its written down that he wont be responsible once he returns it to the unlocked state...)

Take him to court if need be.

The alarm industry is full of cowboys that use the 'we cant tell you' mentality to easily, in order to make money.

Sometimes its required, for security, but usually, its just a scam in my eyes.

Ask him, and let a court decide if he refuses to play fair.

Sponsored Links
So in other words you dont know how,just thought you have a little moan about the intuder alarm industry

ive got a galaxy g2 that i had to replace a bad battery on and the tamper has activated and wont allow me to set the system as i need the enginner code. the missus is after me to get it sorted. i have the installation manual. if anyone can help me reset it back to factory defaults i would be grateful. thanks

remove mains
remove battery

put a link between 0v and tamper on the siren out pins on the pcb

remove connections to zone 1 (1001)

defeat panel tamper switch, put the end station panel screw in place
then power the panel up bay battery first then mains

enter default code 1234 (or12345)
this should silence the system
then ESC
then enter default engineers code 1122 or 112233 depends on software version
then ENT
enter engineer code again that should default back to factory

BE AWARE BY DOING THIS YOU NOW HAVE TO REPROG THE WHOLE SYSTEM

As Joe 90 commented, It pays to look at the date of the post. I would hope that the op has got it sorted by now. ;)

remove mains
remove battery

then power the panel up bay battery first then mains.

When i enter 1234 all I get is invalid code?

then ESC
then ENT

I've tried this on a G2-44+ but i don't seem to get it to default?

I have connected up all the tampers and have proved this by connecting zone 1 and the unit powers up without tampers.

I have connected 1k resistors to all the i/p then disconnected the first zone 1001 so nothing is connected to the first connecter.

Then connector up the battery then the mains, all i get is an alert on the panel?

remove mains
remove battery

then power the panel up bay battery first then mains.

When i enter 1234 all I get is invalid code?

then ESC
then ENT

I've tried this on a G2-44+ but i don't seem to get it to default?

I have connected up all the tampers and have proved this by connecting zone 1 and the unit powers up without tampers.

I have connected 1k resistors to all the i/p then disconnected the first zone 1001 so nothing is connected to the first connecter.

Then connector up the battery then the mains, all i get is an alert on the panel?

As i have said on here before, this is incorrect information, and not "how to"

PM your email

I have a galaxy G2-44+ which has been removed from a job, but would like to factory reset it so that I can use it could someone PM me the procedure for doing it, I have user access but not the engineer code
If it cannot be done I will just have to buy a new PCB and go from there,
so it would just be nice to know if it can be done or not

When will peole realise a Galaxy is for professional systems?
Honeywell will not talk to you for a reason.

So why expect a answer here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back