galvanised incinerators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to buy something like this to destroy tons of paper that i don't want to dump whole as it has my details on it:

http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garde...-incinerators/Galvanised-Incinerator-13088635

i want to avoid mega smoke blowing into my neighbours gardens, if i literally put in small amounts of paper at a time and allow to burn down naturally i.e. no accelerant used, will i achieve minimum smoke? apologies if stupid question but have never used anything like this before :confused:

Sponsored Links
So long as there's no smouldering, the smoke will be minimal.
There are firms which offer industrial shredding though - much quicker!
Don't expect the galvanising to last too long on the incinerator......
John :)

I know this sounds weird, but...

Paper is really difficult to burn - in bulk.

You will be standing next to the incinerator for hours loading in a few pages at a time - if you dump bulk paper it will only singe round the edges and then smoke like a bas***d. Sheets of paper jammed together form a very effective air seal, so the oxygen that any good fire needs is excluded.

I tried for years, then I went out and bought a half decent shredder from Staples.

As for incinerators - do you know anyone that can get you a large oil drum?? A little work with a cold chisel and you have the perfect incinerator.

I know this sounds weird, but...

Paper is really difficult to burn - in bulk.
Agree as I do this every new year when I get rid of another (historic) years books and paper.

We burn it to coincide with the Christmas tree burn. This means that the paper is supported by the tree branches within the drum so as to avoid clogging.

Sponsored Links
thanks guys, too much to shred. what about a metal stick to keep moving it around to burn quicker? or will that dramatically increase smoke?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back