Gap below uPVC French Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

thanks for any help!

My 6 year old patio doors have a gap at the bottom as seen in the pic below, can I adjust using the various things like hinges and door cams or has the door just been fitted badly? I'm in a new build and it was generally badly put together

I've attached more pics. The doors do not line up at the top, is that my main problem? The red ring is the area on the door with the gap, the hinges look like they have already been adjusted to pull the top left of the door close in and push the bottom out, if that makes sense!

IMG_0853.JPG

Attachments

• InkedIMG_0857.jpg
    InkedIMG_0857.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0856.JPG
    IMG_0856.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
Check the diagonals of the door and see if the door is out of square.

maybe the glass hasn’t been shimmed properly.

the cill may not have been packed properly abd when screwed down has pulled down a bit.

or frame is fitted out of square.

You can try altering doors to see if the hinges alter enough to close air gap

As a service engineer I can already see a few tale tale signs the door frame is fitted out of square, on new builds thats going to happen 9 times out of 10

Blimey where do i start?

Sponsored Links
As a service engineer I can already see a few tale tale signs the door frame is fitted out of square, on new builds thats going to happen 9 times out of 10

Blimey where do i start?

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest! is there anything that I can do about it or is it a builder / fitter job?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back