Gap between sections of window in curved bay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've got a curved bay at the front of the house with upvc window that is in 5 parts, between each part is a vertical tube shaped section to allow the window to curve around the bay.
I've uploaded 2 photos to show this.
Where each section of window meets the vertical tube section there is some sort of beading stuff to fill the gap however this beading doesn't properly fill the gap. In one of the photos you can see where I'm pointing to a gap of a few mm. If you position yourself right you can see daylight through the gap and I can feel cold air flowing in through it.
I want to block this off to stop the cold air coming in. The beading will wiggle a little bit but I cannot get it into any better position to block the gap. I've been thinking of just filling it with some white silicon but worried it will look a mess.
Anyone ever come across this problem before and got any better solutions?
Cheers

20210202_090157.jpg20210202_090132.jpg

Sponsored Links
Won't look a mess using silicone if you finish it nicely.

Lol the tube section is called a 'bay pole' and the beading stuff is a 'bay pole adaptor', its good practice to run a bead of silicone inside before assembly and squidge it all together but most don't do this so your only option now is to silicone on the face

Thanks for the replies, and thanks crank39 for the vocabulary.

So what I think I'll do then is squish some silicone into the gap, from inside and outside.
Just thinking I'll probably use 2 different silicone, inside just a normal white anti-mould silicone but I was thinking get something like the below to use on the outside:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/dow-796-...-brilliant-white-310ml/40004?_requestid=47071

The only thing now is that I'm writing this during a period of pretty cold weather so I might wait until its warmed up a bit as I'm slightly worried the silicone won't cure properly if I apply it while the temperature is below zero

Sponsored Links
you can apply tape over the existing upvc to save a lot of hassle when cleaning up.
But do it before the silicone dries.
Is there a decorative trim that could be applied? Or a simple flat trim that could be chamfered to make a neat angled trim?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back