Gap correction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, please.
Having misjudged and miss-cut a kitchen worktop when the surrounding walls were not at right angles, I have a tapered gap on both ends up to 20mm wide. There are cupboard units above and I want to bring the tiles out from the back-wall to end level with the worktop on the side walls.
Can I make up the gaps by using a thick layer of tile adhesive?
If so, how can I cover the wall to tile back gap that will show on the tiles area top and vertical edges? Normal edge beading would not be thick enough.
Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

Miscut worktop.jpg

Sponsored Links
Would it not be cheaper and easier to just buy some new worktop and start again?

Always best to cut some sort of template to match the angle, to transfer over to the worktop.

True, and "me bad", but I am where I am and more worktop is not an option. It's a 3m run.

Sponsored Links
20mm would be pushing it- if you succeeded you've then got a nasty 20mm load of tile adhesive or grout to camouflage. If its 'normal' worktop then take the hit, buy another piece, use that bit in the garage or something. If it is scarily expensive worktop (>£100) then you could try making a splashback out of some 25mm square timber (routed to look pretty, sort of a giant scotia) to cover the gap, then tile up the wall above the splashback as normal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back