Gap houses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complex problems don't have simple answers. If you think the answer is to just build more houses then you are over simplyfying the problems.

Can anyone guess why most local authorities shudder at the thought of yet more social housing?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The problem is that there are too many people and not that there are too few houses.

Mass immigration = housing shortage.

Knock a few of these up, it will probably end up like this anyway
Ra9a706cc3ba4366d270e7bae866131e4

I think we've all got to accept that we're never going to see the social building programmes that we saw in the 50's and 60's, it's not going to happen, it's unaffordable.
Blimey.

How come other countries can do it then? Have they got magic money trees? Or are we just (&$(*$#@# useless?

In 2017, less than 1,000 new government-backed homes for social rent were started across [the UK,] a country of 65m people with an acute housing crisis. In Vienna, a city of less than 2m inhabitants, “the target is to build between 8,000 and 9,000 social homes every year” – a target that is regularly met.

I think we've all got to accept that we're never going to see the social building programmes that we saw in the 50's and 60's, it's not going to happen, it's unaffordable.

Half a million per year or thereabouts if I recall correctly, and I do.

Complex problems don't have simple answers. If you think the answer is to just build more houses then you are over simplyfying the problems.
So whats the complex reason for this

upload_2021-6-17_0-33-31.png

Whats the complex reason for 40% of Londons ex-social housing properties now being owned by private landlords?

Whats the complex reason for 95% of the governments housing spend now going on housing benefits paid to private landlords and only 5% on building new homes, when before the introduction of right-to-buy the ratio was 20:80?

Is social housing a right? What exactly is the purpose of social housing & how is it any different to private housing?

Is it the people that choose to rent long term rather than buy that is causing the problem?

Whats the complex reason for 40% of Londons ex-social housing properties now being owned by private landlords?

What's the difference? The house still exists. Can you please explain to me how it makes a difference in who owns the property?

Whats the complex reason for 95% of the governments housing spend now going on housing benefits paid to private landlords and only 5% on building new homes, when before the introduction of right-to-buy the ratio was 20:80?

You're right there. We should STOP paying ALL housing benefits immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back