gap thickness for tile size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

The tiles I will be using in the ensuite measure 30x60cm.
Around the shower area I hope to use an epoxy grout (probably EasyPoxy from BAL). I've heard it's a nightmare to use, but I'll cross that bridge soon :)

I was wondering what will be the best size of gap for the grout? I'm not sure the normal 2mm tile spacer will be wide enough for epoxy grout or look right with larger tiles?

Any advise will be appreciated.

TIA ... Mick

Sponsored Links
Hey mick, use a larger tile spacer mate. There bid tiles you putting up so a larger grout line / spacer wont look out of place.

thanks for the reply ... what thickness do you think will be best?

3 or 4mm?

Mick

3 or 4 is good for that size, put them down on the floor with the spacers in and see which you think youd prefer

Sponsored Links
many thanks for the replies

Will the larger gaps be a problem around the shower area? I am gonna fill them with epoxy grout so I gues they will be ok

Mick

The smaller the joint, the harder it will be to hide any uneveness in the tiles - this is important with larger tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back