Gap to leave at bottom of Plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much of a gap at the bottom from the floor should you leave when attaching a plasterboard to a studwall?

I'm going to be attaching some moisture restance sheets in the bathroom and some people say leave no gap and just properly seal the bottom once tiled etc. Others say leave anything from 15-25mm

I was just going to leave about a 20mm gap?

Also have the likes of b&q etc all stopped selling pinkgrip? Need some to stick plasterboard to an rsj. Can only seem to see it online from a couple of places. Is this still the stuff to use or is there something better?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Also have the likes of b&q etc all stopped selling pinkgrip? Need some to stick plasterboard to an rsj. Can only seem to see it online from a couple of places. Is this still the stuff to use or is there something better?
Use "Sticks Like Sh##" Adhesive It's a lot better than Grip-fil,,

Sponsored Links
I'm with Roy too, go for Sticks Like Sh*t. Great stuff to use,, i've even stuck down loose coping and pillar caps with. There are loads of different uses for it. Very difficult to clean off any excess (hands etc) so be careful you don't get it onto any finished surfaces. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back