gaps in the plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, hope you can advise me,I'm putting up plasterboard ready for the plasterer to come and plaster it, some of the joints are not too good! I'm just wondering how much the plasterer can cope with, just how big a void can he fill? or should I fill the gapes before he gets here and If I do fill them what should I use, thanks in anticipation!
Richard

Sponsored Links
I would leave it to the plasterer for the boarding ,because if he has to sort out what you have done then it is not cost efficient to both of you....

thanks guys i think what your saying is that I could leave it for the plasterer but would be fine to to fill it if I want to! not sure what bonding or board addy is (tried google) but I'll use something .
I've been told to use foil backed in the bathroom and just wondering if i could put the foil on separately as I already have the standard board?
cheers

Sponsored Links
Says on the plans that the bathroom to have foil backed so I just assumed its all round, not sure if its building regs or my architect.

OK! I took the board off and redid it so no gaps! now I find the the stud-work that's been put in place by the builders is a bit wider apart than I'd expect, isn't it s'pose to be 16inch centres? some are more like 22inch, should I put more in or just go with what's there? (the ceilings fine.)

24" (600mm) is normal, as is 16" (400mm), depends on how the wall is to be finished.
If you're struggling at this stage (sounds like you are), it might be easier to get the plasterer to do it.

Thanks for that, no I'm good, just after a bit of reassurance, had the electritions in today, did the wiring then coming back when I've got the boards up, all good its coming together well, thanks for everything, as always great site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back