Plasterboard around window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I’m getting ready for my extension to be skimmed, the plasterer asked me to board around the window but I’m not sure how to secure the plasterboard due to the cavity.

What’s normal procedure in this situation, I can grip fill / dot and dab the board onto the breeze block but there is nothing to secure the plasterboard over the cavity?

I also have a gap between a door lining and the brick work (where a up car door came out and a internal door going in) again How should I fill this gap?

Many thanks

Attachments

• 4FD6EDC7-4B06-497D-9EB3-D7E19FAAFE5D.jpeg
    4FD6EDC7-4B06-497D-9EB3-D7E19FAAFE5D.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 4,446
Sponsored Links
You need cavity closers. Not sure how it passed building regs without?

Thanks I’ll take a look, building control have been out, inspected and were happy, I’ll google cavity closer and see where is the cheapest place.

Regarding the gap around the door linings, some are bigger than others, such as the upvc one I have a large gap at the head of the door so I will probably plasterboard that, another one the builder cut the brick out probably 40mm too much so I need to fill this, would be tight on architrave covering this, would you simply suggest timer and plasterboard where required?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back