missing sections of plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

Please can someone advise the best way if plasterboarding missing sections around my door? I've had to cut away sections to install some insulation around the perimeter but there's now nothing to rest the plasterboard on. Do you think grip filling a baton onto the external face of the wall to rest plasterboard on and create a lip on the breeze block then skim over the board?

Thank you

Michael

Attachments

• IMG_3887.JPG
    IMG_3887.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 116
Sponsored Links
You could do but you could also drill, plug and screw said buttons on which may be better in the long run but at the end of the day I don't see any issue.

Thank you. Should be alright now as bought some expanding adhesive and cut the plaster right back to the try to allow for more dot and dab

Sponsored Links
Expanding foam will glue baton and Also fill any gaps , trim foam then use it to fix plasterboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back