Garage Conversion - Insulation of Existing Concrete Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening, I am hoping that someone can help me our or advise.

Looking to convert our adjoining garage of our house which is just under 10 years old. Garage itself is pretty well lined itself with external facing bricks and blocks inside. The roof itself is also well insulated.

The problem is around the good old existing concrete floor and with Building Regulations now requiring an insulated floor.

Hoping to lay a new DPM, with 75mm Celotex or Kingspan and then 75-100mmscreed on top.

My question is this, once the Celotex is laid what is to stop the concrete screed from spilling in between the joins of the celotex and around the outside edges ?

Do i use some kind of tape or does the concrete just settle and find its own level ?

Sorry for the dumb question but I cannot figure this one out !

kind regards

Sponsored Links
Good practice is to lay another layer of thin polythene over the insulation, and this stops anything (including water) from getting between and under the sheets

But suitable tape is an option

The insulation should be lad with tight joints and no gaps in any case, so no screed drops through the joints

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back