Garage door to window and door foundation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I want to replace my garage door with a double brick wall soon.

Replacing with a door and window. So the brick wall will only be about 1m high and 1.3m wide. Above with sit a small window and the right side fits a door. Do I still need abide to Uk regs at 1.2m depth foundation?

Sponsored Links
The requirement is for a suitable support, which may not be deep foundations or foundations at all.

If you are working on a notice, you would be wise to run your options via the inspector first. Building on the slab, using a lightweight wall or timber frame, shallow strip or encased beam or lintels are all options.

thanks. i am not working on notice just yet. just seeing if i can do the job or afford it first.
from the wall measurements i have given what depth would you say would be good.

150cm length, double brick wall, height would be 1m from the ground.

Sponsored Links
Foundation depth depends on the specific ground conditions, and what your inspector will permit.

If you are pricing the work then you would allow for the worst scenario and then if it comes over budget, look for alternatives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back