Garage floor concrete - DPM and connecting to existing foundation edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hoping for a bit of advice on my garage floor please.

We removed an existing single garage to be replaced with a double. Until we started digging it out we’d not realised the floor slab as part of the original foundation. However, fast forward to now and the slab has been removed apart from a small edge and a slightly bigger edge where there’s gas and electric conduit and a drain I didn’t want to disturb.

The new concrete floor will be 50mm higher than what’s there now.

Given it’s such a small section which won’t be driven on, can I get away with just 50mm of concrete on top of existing?

Rest will be 150mm concrete with mesh on 150mm of hardcore. I was planning to shutter the drain.

Also what to do with the dpm? Planned to cut the rebar that’s poking out. Do I just lap up to the wall and cut flush once concrete is in?

7EBD6F4C-40C5-475D-B1D8-A0DAD3A1DA42.jpeg
425A1D49-CEEE-49AB-A610-17D757E08E52.jpeg
0DEE0766-F78D-474B-9B90-FFE910B03114.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Any opinions would be gratefully received...looking to push on with the work thus weekend.

thanks in advance
Andy

Ok, shame no one would/could help. I decided to cut out as much concrete as possible.

Not perfect but will allow for deeper concrete over this part.

Will place a layer of sand over then dpm.

Hope this assists any other people in the future.

9B28C834-17EA-480D-9BE8-4DD605ECB556.jpeg
99C4BD60-D016-4B36-B5B4-CA3729D8BEF9.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back