Garage floor - Dusty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have had an extension which involved a new internal garage where the old drive was.

The floor cement floor has been laid for 2 years now, but when I move anything or even walk on the floor I’m just getting cement dust coming up from the floor.

The floor is dry, just very dusty. Any advice on how to seal?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
garage floor paint? Have used in the past, it works. Just pour and brush with a soft broom.

How stable is the floor; is it crumbling by and chance from a weak mixture. If you have a wet and dry vac, then I'd run that over it first, and then either go with the garage paint, or acrylic primer to seal in the dust. Of course, if you feel adventurous, you could try metalic resin. There's some interesting videos on youtube for epoxy resin floors.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Don't waste your time with the PU floor paint stuff you can get from Screwfix or Toolstation etc - it won't take the abuse of scuffing from car tyres. I advise use 2 pack stuff, check out regal paints I'm sure there are other suppliers.

Acid etch the floor using brick acid, lay primer, lay top coat. If you want a nice smooth finish, think about this before you start. Use a flap disc on an angle grinder to get rid of the nobbles and pointed bits. Be warned this stuff does not keep once you mix it, so work fast or do not mix it in one go.

Petrol, oil acid resistant, you can drive over it. Everything else is pants, I speak from experience.

Nozzle

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Now the Regal paints look very interesting Nozzle. Will they work on P5 chipboard.

I would think it is shat on any kind of chipboard. The shat bit being the chip board.

Nozzle

You can get such a thing as floor paint we have a tin. No idea if it's any good, by worth checking out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back