Garage floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The garage which is connecting to the side of my house has a raised floor which is in line with the damp course line of the house. Is this acceptable or will I have to dig up the garage floor and lower it? There does not appear to be any damp inside my house on the garage side.
The reason for the question is that I want to have a new driveway so depending on the answer to the above could determine how the driveway should be laid.

Sponsored Links
Do you know if your garage floor have DPM ? (Damp Proof Membrane)

unfortunately I do not know, the floor was there before I moved here. Should I dig a section of the floor and try and find out?
Thanks for replying.

Sponsored Links
Okay before you do anything, pop down to your building control department and see if a drawing was submited for the garage plan hoping to give you more information. To be honest if you have no history details of damp problem then you should be okay. If you do get damp problem then you cut a groove approx' 50mm away from your house wall and put down pea shingle to prevent damp by-passing the house dpc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back