garage flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a concrete garage with a concrete base, which has been painted with floor paint in the past, the floor surface seems to absorb a lot of the paint and it also wears off very quickly.

I was thinking perhaps some kind of floor covering may be better and had a look on ebay at rubber flooring, only to become totally confused by the types and prices.

Really need something to run the car onto to park it, so it needs to be strong enough for that, some stuff looks fit for a dealership while other types seem suitable for exercise,though they say you can run a car on them, so i could could spend £50 or £500!!!any ideas please, cheaper the better, thank you, JAN

Sponsored Links
You have already discovered what cheap garage floor paint does to your avail, why skimp and make the same mistake twice? You''ll have to think of a solution to your car parking issue. Probably takes about 2 days for these types of paint to really cure, but as mentioned it really depends if you want it to last/work or not.

Sponsored Links
You have already discovered what cheap garage floor paint does to your avail, why skimp and make the same mistake twice? You''ll have to think of a solution to your car parking issue. Probably takes about 2 days for these types of paint to really cure, but as mentioned it really depends if you want it to last/work or not.
Thanks for your reply, but i was really looking for an alternative to painting.Trouble is the parking, have other cars and no room, convertibles and main roads , half a mile from a dozen pubs and clubs, don't suit each other!

Consider rubber sheeting from www.slip-not.co.uk
Not as expensive as you may think; but you'll need 3mm thickness or more.
You can get this stuff from construction recycling sites, too.
John :)
I will have a look at this, as i said i don't understand why this kind of stuff varies in price by so much, thanks very much.

As with everything you generally get what you pay for. ;)
Thanks , but that is the very point i am making, how do you tell, ref. my other posts, what is a fair price?. i don't mind a price difference, but 3 or 4 or 5 times more expensive for similar rubber flooring?? :confused:

I was hoping to hear a comment from someone that had bought and used this kind of thing.

Most products from Watco are specified by and used by those in the trade rather than domestic, Watco Products I've specified in the past have (to my knowledge) have not failed and do what they say they will. Domestic products are less resilient and have a shorter lifespan but their costs reflect this. A fair price can only be judged to be fair by the individual, there are many alternatives to Watco of course some a lot cheaper some a lot more, I specify them because they seem to have a fairly no-nonsense approach and their prices seem reasonable (to me) but then I'm not usually paying for them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back