Garage fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I ve always had a extra fridge and freezer in my garage, when I moved into new house and got kitchen redone I got rid of my very old work horse fridge and freezer and put in a 50/50 fridge freezer from the old
Kitchen.

This packed in about 10days ago, or so I thought, I tried a few things and ended up picking up another 2nd hand near new 50/50.

This doesn’t seem to be freezing properly either!

I think it might be too cold in garage for a 50/50 combo but as I’ve never had any issues befor albeit using under counter ones.

All my previous garages have been stand alone buildings.

Are the 50/50 ones common for not working in outhouses compared to undercounter ones?

Hope all that makes sense!

Sponsored Links
When people get rid of their fridge freezers it generally because there is an issue, there is many unscrupulous sellers out their who will not be completely truthful.

I think it's doubtful the condition the fridge freezer is being kept in.

Up until the summer I had a fridge freezer in a shed at the bottom of the garden, it was around 25 years old, and was always ok, up until it packed up this summer.

This was a 100% working 2nd hand one

Also strange that its doing the same as the one I thought had packed in

Sponsored Links
Maybe the reason why a stand alone freezer has worked for me over the many years, it had its own motor. I maybe didnt notice the fridge wasnt working over the winter before as it was cold enough for a fridge.

Guess it's a single compressor. Relies on the 'fridge temperature to start the compressor. If the 'fridge is below it's set temp due to the surrounding environment the freezer section will not freeze or remain frozen. If you want a F/F to to work in an unheated room you need one that has 2 compressors (one for the 'fridge, one for the freezer).

The duvet suggestion may solve your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back