Garage insulation

was gonna say who cut out the bracing but just noticed the party wall been removed

Sponsored Links
I understand the double garage was a car port at the beginning, with a partition wall (why!). The previous owner installed the roller doors. I hired a structural engineer to confirm I could remove the partition wall, he gave the green light with some minor recommendations - such as leaving a T of the partition wall in order to give stability to the two brick walls. I demolished that wall myself - that was tough and it costed me a knee! :)

Sponsored Links
uhm.... thank you! Very good point which I overlooked. I was thinking of using OSB because it's more tough than plasterboard but I would end up with a massive fire hazard in what is supposed to be a garage. I guess it would be more appropriate to go with what you suggest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back