Garage light but no sockets!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evenin' All,

Just had an extension lead run from my garage electrics socket running a set of outside lights I was trying out. I kicked a bulb (clumsy) which then blew the fuse in the plug. Simple I thought change fuse, reset trip happy days - nope. Reset trip in house (the small RCD? In garage hadn't tripped) and only the normal lights would work and not the garage sockets.

The garage only has one 'on/off' switch strip light wired to the RCD and one double socket. I checked a known device and there's nothing. The inside of the socket looks ok with no loose wires or obvious burn marks.

Doing my head in now!!! Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Post a pic of the garage rcd please. You may have a FCU with a fuse fitted and the lights may be wired to the feed side!

DS

Hopefully attached is a photo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 215
Sponsored Links
Christmas .... That's what's behind the cream lid. You know the saying 'can't see the wood for the .... Cream lid'. That's got to be the easiest fix ever! DOH!

Hadn't even considered that would come off.

I've seen the light thanks chaps!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 203

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back