Garage lighting - No electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi people.

im in the process of turning my garage into a home gym.

all is going well except that i need to sort out some lighting.

i live in a block of flats so i cant connect electrics to the garage.

has anyone got any ideas for decent lighting?? i was looking at battery powered wall lights but i get a feeling they wont be very bright.

cheers for help/ideas.

Sponsored Links
candles or you could install a turbine, run directly from your CV equipment then an inverter could help you.
Other than that a generator or solar panels, unless you can talk to the DNO about a permanent supply.
It all cost money.
Is there a street light nearby ;)

all those options have been considered :evil:

its still looking like battery or solar powered is the way to go.

Sponsored Links
A generator connected to a treadmill generate your own power, the faster you run the brighter it gets. :LOL:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
If you run a long enough extension, from the house ;)
But solar or turbine is possibly the way to go, if you want a permanent supply. It's not cheap though, might workout cheaper joining a gym and filling the garage with rubbish!

Couple of car batteries topped up from a small solar panel running 12 volt led's will run for several hours.Or emergency lighting charged each day will give around 4 hours decent lighting.http://www.screwfix.com/prods/59787/Lighting-Lamps/Commercial-Industrial/Emergency-Lighting/Lytlec-3-Hour-Emergency-Lighting-Bulkhead;jsessionid=MJYRXRVPUPFI4CSTHZOCFFQ

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back