Garage lights advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have 4x t8 single florescent strip lights in my garage which is approx. 5m square. The lighting is poor. I would like to replace, what I would really like is to use are 2x spotlight bars using LED bulbs which I have in the kitchen and are great, however I am not 100% sure how safe these are as the roof is wooden beams with tounge and groove wooden ceiling above with felt etc. Would this be a potential fire risk ? My electrician is away on holiday and would like to have everything bought before he comes back, many thanks mark

Sponsored Links
Another spark on holiday?

I tell you what, I must have been doing something wrong for the best part of 30 years...

what I would really like is to use are 2x spotlight bars using LED bulbs which I have in the kitchen and are great,
That seems most unsuitable and not a good choice.
Is your kitchen 5m. square and all dark colours?

however I am not 100% sure how safe these are as the roof is wooden beams with tounge and groove wooden ceiling above with felt etc.
What is the kitchen ceiling made of?

Would this be a potential fire risk ?
Not if you follow the installation instructions.

My electrician is away on holiday and would like to have everything bought before he comes back, many thanks mark
:whistle:

Sponsored Links
Wow don't know what to say I will give you something though he's not on holiday he's on the run with all my cash part p though so that's alright at least it's legal so pretty please with sugar on the top can I put a spotlight bar on a wooden beam without setting fire to my detached garage ? All my love mark x

You could run led strips around the perimeter, this would prevent unlit areas as you always have light from four side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back