Garage Plans ? Can I do this and extension questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have a few questions - Please!

I currently have a single garage (single story) which I would like to make bigger;
1- build against the boundry
2 -build it wider and bigger
3 -build it two storeys

I only want it two story so I can have my own GYM area, I have a treadmill and weights machine and dont have enough space in the house. It wont be used for sleeping in etc.

My house already has a single story extension - it was and is a part of the orginal building.

I would like move it towards the garage alittle so I can have a larger pantry area and WC.

Ideas and recomendations pictues included.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You will certainly need to apply for planning permission and building control approval. This will probably mean having a full set of plans drawn up showing all constructional details etc.

Where is the entrance to the WC? If it is directly off the kitchen without an intervening passage way/door then as far as I am aware this contravenes hygiene regulations and will need to be rectified. You cannot have a toilet opening directly off a kitchen/living area.

Hi Conny,

The entrance of the WC is attached directly to the Pantry.

We use it as a Pantry, it has a sink fitted and a washing machine. Nothing else.
Its has always been like this,

Sponsored Links
As conny, you will need a planning application for the outbuilding, as it will exceed the height limits for permitted development. You will also need to make a building regs application.

As regards the extension, that will not need planning permission if it extends no more than 3m beyond the existing extension rear wall (which it doesn't look to).

You will need a building regs application for that, though.

The layout for the wc is acceptable, provided there is a whb in the same enclosure.

As conny, you will need a planning application for the outbuilding, as it will exceed the height limits for permitted development. You will also need to make a building regs application.

As regards the extension, that will not need planning permission if it extends no more than 3m beyond the existing extension rear wall (which it doesn't look to).

You will need a building regs application for that, though.

The layout for the wc is acceptable, provided there is a whb in the same enclosure.

Hi Tony,

Can I do it all under one application or do i need to submit different ones an pay twice the fees?

and the WHB is next to the WC, also has a Mirror and a towel rail! :D

Not another gym with beds. :rolleyes:
Joe not everyone wants to con the planning and try to make an out house or whatever you want to call it.

Right now I work on my cars outside, sometimes in the cold and rain! I have no real place to put my tools they are stacked up inside the spare room and some in the garage.

My garage has my treadmill, my weights machine and is used for household storage.

What I would like to have is my own area where I can run on the threadmill and do some weights and work on my cars

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back