Garage power has no earth...

Sponsored Links
One of their jobs was to rewire a shower from an existing isolator. Then there's a picture of a burnt out isolator with a new load cable attached to it.

Coincidence? :LOL:

Oh just noticed, there's no screws to actually hold the two boxes pictured above to the wall. It's like the gift that keeps on giving. :LOL:

well, tbf, when you throw that much bonding plaster round the box, why bother with screws? Wasted expense

Sponsored Links
Hi,

OP here, to be clear, the electrician could not get into the garage to check the incomming cable.

I've taken another look and it looks like the cable that comes in does not have any armour either. The fuse box sits about 2.5 foot above the ground and I can flex it slightly. Maybe there was only meant to be lighting in the garage?

Let's see what the electrician says this week.

By the way, I'm not in the Leeds area...

ban-all-sheds";p="2788023 said:
What makes you think the OP is in the Leeds area?
That's obvious - clearly franktouch is the ignorant and incompetent t**t who has already been round there.

Hey, I keep saying the bloke couldn't get into see the garage, so it's not his fault he couldn't comment properly about the wiring as I'd not cleared space for him to see!

Hi,
OP here, to be clear, the electrician could not get into the garage to check the incomming cable.

But you can, so can you post a photo of the cable/CU in the garage? Otherwise it was a bit pointless starting a thread about it.

I will post a shot tomorrow morning... Virgin Media is down for the whole area at the moment (Portsmouth) so I'll have to do it at work.

Not in the unit on the wall... I'll look out in the box tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back