Garage Roof Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pitched roof prefabricated concrete garage with Big 6 concrete based corrugated roof, it's 24ft x 24ft, 17 years old, ends of roof joists rest on front and rear panels with wood A-frames, in between supported by steel A-frames 6ft apart made of 2" steel box section, bolted onto steel pillars at each side which are bolted into concrete floor, building inspector said all should be built like it.
At least 3 of the Big 6 corrugated sheets have a fine crack full length of sheet in the dip, roof solid otherwise, just facia boards need replacing, what is best way to fix which will last.
My idea put a plastic coated steel sheet roof on top, form of double cladding.
Or is there a kind of coating I could get applied to seal the roof under a skin, like they did on old slate house roofs in the 60's that would last a good time, longer than me.
Your advice greatly appreciated, I am old with disabilities so will have to pay someone to do it.

Sponsored Links
I think the only sure way is to replace the big 6 asbestos sheets.....I have never found a plastic profile that fits this one well.
However, applying a good length of Flashband will help greatly, as would a coating of Evercryl or Acrypol. A bit of a bodge maybe but you'll get a couple of years more out of it.
John :)

Thanks John, I was hoping there would be a coating like they put on old slate roofs in the 60's that dries like a rubbery skin over it. Alternative idea was to clad roof with full length plastic coated steel sheets like on industrial buildings, I think structure is strong enough to carry it, I could not find any big 6 plastic sheets or could have had them slid on top of cracked sheets. Have to wait and see if anyone comes up with anything, but thanks for help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back