garage slab. sand blinding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi fellas.

I'm doing the ground work on my garage slab. It's mostly done now but I got a question regards to sand blinding layer before dpm. Do you need to do it when using compacted type 1? Reason I'm asking is 3/4 of the garage is deep enough for both 150mm type1 and sand but the top isn't and I'm struggling to get the depth for both. I only have 100mm depth left in the shallow area so I can either whack some type1 down and skip on sand or dig another 100mm out if sand blinding is needed. I'm pretty sure it's required but rather ask.

Also is it sharp sand or building sand that's used as a blinding layer?

Sponsored Links
The blinding is there to stop the mot type 1 piercing the Dpm this would then be letting water/damp through so I wouldn't skip on the sand. The sand you need is building sand as it is softer, sharp sand has more grit in it which is not what you want against your Dpm.
Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back