Garage Tap Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had a look around to see if there is a similar solution but as with many of the topics on here, each problem can have it's different solution.

As you can see from this image, I have a filler loop for the boiler and (on advice from another plumber) I occasionally disconnect the loop to attach a hose fitting for my pressure washer however it is at the back of my garage and not too convenient to have to muck around with the loop when I want to top up the pressure on my boiler occasionally. Consequently I'd like to run a pipe to the front of garage, utilising this point in the system somehow.

I think I could connect another pipe to the valve shown with a T and another value to connect the loop to but I am not convinced this is the best solution. Ideally I would shut off the water and splice in a new T to run the new pipe from before the existing value but I can't seem to locate a stopcock for the house to switch off the supply to allow me to do this and don't think it's right (or legal?) to turn off the supply from the street.

Hope someone can help but if you need any more info (or for me to explain it better) and more pics, let me know.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back