Garage uprights in UPVC, or something else. Supplier?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Garage doors are framed with timber.
Base of timber has rotted.
Wish to replace with white UPVC or other that requires no maintenaince, so never have to re-visit, or re-paint.

Sizes needed are:
  • 70mm x 70 mm x 2300mm (size is like a solid fence post except perhaps longer. Does not have to be solid internally. Can be strutt strengthened internally).
  • 95mm x 45mm x 2300mm (internal structure as above. Does not have to be solid internally. Can be strutt strengthened internally).
  • 10mm x 68mm x 2050mm flashing.
Anyone ideas?

Sponsored Links
Check your local Eurocell branch.
PVC trims are available in 20,30,45,65,95mm then your upto utility board 100,120,150,200mm
You can also get 90 degree corner trims 25mmx25mm or 45mmx45mm

Thanks, I went by GAP, Eurocell & SIG Plastics and after asking in those places got the various angles and flat strips.
Cheers

Last edited:
You could use white square drain pipe with 70x70 treated timber slid inside it for the frame legs, a company I worked for years and years ago made their porch roofs like that, I wasn't too keen on the roofs but would work for a garage door frame I guess

Sponsored Links
You could use white square drain pipe with 70x70 treated timber slid inside it for the frame legs, a company I worked for years and years ago made their porch roofs like that, I wasn't too keen on the roofs but would work for a garage door frame I guess
Thats a good idea. I saw some upvc square pipe in SIG Plastics, and though about it, but didn't think to put the fence post inside.
I'm going to chop out the rotten base bits this weekend and splice new timber in and then clad with the upvc.
Going to get loads of silicone under the base of the timber at the foot.
Hopefully never have to revisit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back