Garage wall leaking water under damp course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...well I think it's the damp course. There's a plastic sheet embedded in the wall above the second course of bricks. Underneath there the bricks are painted with a black substance. The whole lot seems to have been constructed on top of the concrete base which overhangs the brickwork about 8 inches all round..

Anyway, in several places there is a reasonable amount of water weeping through the lower bricks. I have cleared back paving, vegetation and such all around which has improved things but not cured it.

What's the way forward? I can go an take pictures if the above is unclear.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
This is very common with garages built on raft footings. Its very difficult to solve the problem due to the nature of the construction you can only really try to alliviate it.

A french drain just outside the walls will help and re-doing the liquid dpm someone has tried to paint on is probably worth a go.

Thanks!

I think it already has a french drain. It does at the other side anyway.

Can you recommend a decent product to paint on? There's some mystery black stuff on at the moment but it seems to be suffering in places.

Sponsored Links
RIW Flexiseal is your friend though there are cheaper (inferior) products available. Preparation is vital for success.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back