Garage/ workshop project.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
New to the forum. I am building a work shop on uneven very rocky land and have levelled my base area 9m x 6m by using very big rocks (1/4 ton) and in filled with 40 ton 0f 3inch down granite chips rolled level.I live on a Scottish Island so plenty of granite here. On top of this I have laid a 5" reinforced concrete raft. This will be the base for my workshop. I intend to use 4x2 and 6x2 to build my stud frame walls. the 6x2 will be at section joins and corners. The outer timber will be vertical 150mm x 22mm sarcking boards with 1/2" gaps between boards covered with 100mmx22mm boards. all bolted and strapped to base. So I think all this will be strong enough for our gales.
Now for the roof. I am thinking of box profile sheets laid onto 4x2 roof joists and would like to ask at what angle would be best for the roof (the word for the roof joists has left me) The width is just under 6m and length 9m. Also how many roof joists for 9m would be strong.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back