Garden boundary fence cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I received a quote to replace my right side boundary fence which is about 65ft. The old fence will be removed, they will cut/prune any shrubs or trees in the way and clean up. The fence will be replaced with concrete posts, and 6ft6in removable close board panels with 6inch gravel boards, altogether for £1400.

Fencing co. has good reviews. I am in outer London area close to M25, is this a reasonable price?

Sponsored Links
A bit on the high side based on what I'd charge but then again, if I had to live in outer london I'd have to charge more or stave.

A bit on the high side based on what I'd charge but then again, if I had to live in outer london I'd have to charge more or stave.

Thanks, what would you consider as a "reasonable" price in this case?

Sponsored Links
Impossible to say without looking at the job. It depends on ease of access, the amount of cutting back, whether concrete from previous posts needs to be chopped out and disposal of the old fence and prunings.. The materials are about £600 and it sounds like 3-4 mandays. I don't think £1400 is unreasonable for a quality job on an averagely difficult site based on where you are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back