Garden fencing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have got to replace a wooden fence I put up some time ago. Problem is the garden on the other side is about 18" higher with one Eucalyptus tree close to the fence and shrubs. Will two gravel boards, on on top of each other suffice? Will need to use 9' concrete posts. Present panels are good or would I be better with the closeboard fencing for strength? Thank you

Sponsored Links
two gravel boards will do the job. i would always go for closeboard over panels, stronger, better materials and parts can be replaced individually

Thanks, good news today the neighbour came round to say he will be getting someone in to dig in some metal shuttering to keep his soil back.
Another question, with using 9' concrete post, do I need at least 2' in the ground and how big an area should I have around the post for the concrete?

Sponsored Links
the general rule is 1/3rd of the height below ground, so for a 9 foot post, thata a hole 3 foot deep. Keep the hole as small as possible in terms of diameter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back