Garden brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I’m building some brick raised beds on some concrete footings. I laid the concrete today and was just wondering how long I’d need to leave it before I can start building the wall?

Also, how long does a brick wall need to cure before it’s effected by rain?

Thanks so much

Sponsored Links
If it's dry and your brickwork is covered, it should be fine in a couple of days, but be careful with raised beds! That damp soil can get VERY heavy and then you're expecting a single skin brick wall to act as a retainer.
If your raised beds are small, you should be fine, but it might be an idea to add weep holes at the base.
Belt and braces etc.
Good luck with your project!

Hi there,

I’m building some brick raised beds on some concrete footings. I laid the concrete today and was just wondering how long I’d need to leave it before I can start building the wall?
Next day.

Also, how long does a brick wall need to cure before it’s effected by rain?
24 hrs for rain. But keep it covered in any case. It can still be affected by frost days later, especially if the bricks are hard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back