Garden building concrete base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise please.

I have taken down two 6' x 4' timber sheds in my garden. Only one of them had a base, which is a slab base.

I plan to take these out and start again on the whole area by using hardcore, ballast etc and going about 125mm-150mm deep.

I intend to build a blockwork summerhouse on the area and use it as an outside office but just wanted advice as to whether I'd need to reinforce the base with steel fabric? Overall the area is going to be approx 8' x 6' and as my garden is on a slope it's going to have a deeper base on half of it.

Any input would be welcome, Thanks a lot.[/b]

Sponsored Links
You would need proper footings for a blockwork building, timber frame would require a lot less. You would also need building control approval.
A concrete base for a shed would be 100mm compacted hardcore and 100mm concrete reinforced with a143 welded mesh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back